Root privileges in systemsettings

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:23:44 GMT 2009

On Sunday 22 March 2009 16:11:08 you wrote:
> I would not go with solid, also i don't think it is that much duplication,
> after all what you need is 'just' a class that loads a different backend
> depending on the system the user is on, right?

Yes, exactly. I was thinking about providing the base interface to kdelibs and
the backends in workspace.

The next problem [OT from your question] is the abstraction of the
authentication means. PolicyKit requires a .policy file, and I don't know if
Mac/Win applications need something similar. This is indeed a problem that has
to be clarified, and until I don't get a proper answer from someone
knowledgeable on Win/Mac authorization methods, we'll miss a huge part.

One possible thing would be defining a custom file format (XML anyone?) that
would be converted into the necessary formats by cmake. But again, I still
need more knowledge about the 2 other systems

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B