KDirSelectDialog change icon size feature...

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Wed Mar 18 09:02:31 GMT 2009

Hi Shaun,

> Hello, this is a patch that I need to get some feedback on, it is for
> kdelibs/kfile/kdirselectdialog.cpp & .h.

Would it be possible that you provide a screenshot how the KDirSelectDialog looks like with this patch? I fear that the slider will consume quite a lot vertical space...

I'm not happy that we have now 3 locations with a quite similar zooming code:
- Dolphin (-> Konqueror with DolphinPart)
- file dialog
- dir select dialog

The code in Dolphin already differs from the code in the file dialog (Dolphin has a fixed raster of zooming levels, the file dialog allows a pixelwise zooming). I'd like to get them unified before we copy the code from file dialog to another class...

Generally speaking I'm unsure about the need for this feature in the dir select dialog: The setting won't be remembered and why should I need to zoom directory icons?

> I have a question, also...
>
> Why, in the open file dialog, do the zoom in and zoom out actions on
> the toolbar, they have their text set to "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out", but
> it is not shown.

I did not have a look at the code but I'd consider this as bug.

Best regards,
Peter