overhaul of some kcm appearance

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:25:02 GMT 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009, Chani wrote:
> > Hmm, ok. What can we do to improve here ?
> > Do we need to improve here ?
> > Maybe (actually I hope) in a few years KDE libraries will be available
> > easily everywhere, I mean also Windows and OSX, and they will just be
> > already there. Qt being LGPL now should help a lot in this regard.
> > Or should we make it easier to build parts of kdelibs separately ?
> > Or structure kdelibs a bit like kdebase, with a set of "core" libraries
> > (kdecore, kdeui, kio, kfile), and some not so-core stuff, like e.g.
> > katepart, lkhtml, plasma, ftp and http ioslaves, kdoctools, etc. ?
>
> I know nothing about libraries, and maybe this is OT for the origin of this
> thread, but... would it make sense perhaps to separate plasma-theming stuff
> from the main libplasma stuff? seems like what began as "plasma" theming is
> becoming "kde-desktop" theming (as opposed to kde-application theming).
> or does that not make sense because all the desktop stuff is almost always
> going to be used with plasma-desktop anyways?
> would it hurt anything to have it more split up?
would it hurt binary compatibility? i suppose so so perhaps isn't feasible at
this point of kde4?
in this case Theme, Svg, FrameSvg and PaintUtils could make sense in a library
on their own that should be relatively small..
don't know if other parts of libplasma could be splitted as well.. perhaps the
dataengines and graphics stuff?

Cheers,
Marco Martin