overhaul of some kcm appearance

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 11:08:18 GMT 2009

On Friday 13 March 2009, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 04:15:04PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > if libplasma can make kwin and kdm and whatever other bits look more
> > coherent, with or without plasma, we'll be a lot closer to the goal of
> > visual coherence and consistency.
>
> that's a red herring, if not worse. you are arguing for coherency by
> plasmification (to whatever degree), as if this was the only way to
> achieve that goal. that's exactly the "plasma everywhere" way of
> thinking which you agreed is not the way to go. what's next? link
> kdebase apps to kdevplatform and koffice/guiutils just because they
> happen to have some nice functionality which improves coherency? don't
> you think that this is a bit ... backwards?
well, kdevplatform and koffice/guiutils are not part of kdelibs,but if part of
them could be really useful for kde development i wouldn't seem why not
considering a promotion of such parts to kdelibs, like happened to libplasma.

so think it's a bit different, libplasma didn't make big concern when was
included in kdelibs and such shouldn't make big problems when used in
kdebase.
i really didn't imagine that patch would have caused such a storm and i'm
sad, because i woud love libplasma could be considered a first class citizen
of the kde libraries like all the other kdelibs parts.
of course ui-wise it doesn't make sense to use it everywhere, but where it
does i don't really see why not

Cheers,
Marco Martin