enhance KRecentFilesAction with a ui action to remove entries

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 03:19:28 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 19:06, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Parker Coates wrote:
>> Another small detail is the method names "clearActionEnabled()" and
>> "setClearActionEnabled()". Generally, in the context of actions the
>> word "enabled" indicates that an item is clickable and not greyed out,
>> but here it indicates only visibility, which I could see leading to
>> confusion. "clearActionVisible()" and "setClearActionVisibility()"
>> might make more sense, but I'd wait for others to weigh in there.
>
> I thought for a property 'bool foo' it was 'setFoo' and '*is*Foo'? Maybe I
> am wrong though.

Sorry, I didn't actually think too hard about those suggestions. For
consistency with QWidget, "isClearActionVisible" and
"setClearActionVisible" would make more sense, but I still don't
really like these either.

One obvious question is whether we need to provide this option at all.
If we decide to accept this patch and allow some applications to
easily clear the recent file list, do we really want to make it
optional?

Parker