Summer of Code Proposal - Looking for a mentor

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Mon Mar 9 04:19:16 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 04:19:16PM +0100, Nicola Gigante wrote:
> Hello everybody. I'm looking for a mentor for the gsoc for a project
> involved with kdelibs. I've asked to some developers on IRC (notably
> dfaure and lfranchi) to review it and they gave me useful advice.
>
> You can find the PDF at:
>
> http://www.gigabytes.it/soc/KDE-soc.pdf
>
> I also plan to send it to the kate mailing list because it can interest
> kate developers too.
> Every comment and suggestion is welcomed.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Nicola

In general, this is a great idea. I don't think that Kate should be one of
your porting targets though.

I don't see the point of taking this new framework that you're going to come
up with and port the kate part to that when it is already using a well
defined set of interfaces (see KTextEditor) that were specifically designed
for the features of Kate and other text editors in mind.
--
Matt