Question on parenting plasma widgets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jun 24 21:33:46 BST 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009, Armin Moradi wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm writing a plasmoid and I have trouble adding a Plasma.TabBar to
> it.  This is the code:
>

>     def setupUi(self):
>         self.mainLayout = QGraphicsLinearLayout(Qt.Vertical)
>         self.statusLayout = QGraphicsLinearLayout(Qt.Vertical)
>
>         self.tabBar = Plasma.TabBar(self.applet)
>         self.tabBar.addTab('status', self.statusLayout)
>
>         self.mainLayout.addItem(self.tabBar)
>         self.setLayout(self.mainLayout)

besides what Alex said about #plasma or plasma-devel@, the crash is happening
when QGraphicsWidget goes to delete the layout. this looks most likely to be a
bug in the PyKDE bindings there, causing the layout to be deleted behind the
back of the applet. you probably want to ask the PyKDE people about this.

perhaps all the items associated with self. get deleted automatically? (i'm
not up to speed with PyKDE's details, unfortunately.) if so, then the layouts
should not be associated with self as they managed by the QGraphicsWidget they
are associated with directly.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se