KDE GSoC History

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Wed Jun 24 20:37:47 BST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in finding ways the SoU can retain more of our student interns.
And so I am looking at KDE's involvement in the Google SoC.

I created a Googledoc spreadsheet with every KDE SoC project up until 2008.
(Before you yell "Wiki!" I thought a Googledoc would be more convenient
because you can sort and stuff) Listed are the year, student name, project,
mentor, and a few other columns:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rmUQnpZNoku8j3w5aqya_VQ

I would greatly appreciate it if those of you who have mentored SoC projects
(or perhaps you are a student turn developer) to fill out the rest of the
columns for your project. These columns are questions aimed to see if students
continue contributing to KDE and how long:

Was the project code committed? Yes or No
Was the student previously involved in the project before the SoC? Yes or No
Did the student continue to contribute after the SoC? Yes or No
How long did the student continue to contribute? < 3 months or 3-6 months or
6+ months or Still contributing

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

~ Celeste