Can we* prettyplease do something about the KUrlNavigator?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sat Jun 20 17:34:26 BST 2009

Am Saturday 20 June 2009 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> Cursor warping is evil ;-). If nothing else, it breaks for tablet users.
It would probably ok for mouse users in this case, but indeed cause trouble on
a tablet (though i could argue that most consumer tablets aren't precise
enough to stumble on a few px warp... ;-P )

> Otherwise you're thinking the same thing I am. If there's a good way to
> do this /without/ cursor warping...
One could catch th selection case (in difference to pure clicking) and
realign* the text (i.e. (un)indent it) to the mousepress position until the
selection is done and then shift if back.

As i assume the warping would be better in the mouse case one could allow a
global setting on this (or -if reliably accessible- pick it from the actual
input device type)

*technically this can be achived by either simply adjustiong the cursor
position (if the lineedit content is longer than the breadcrumb width) or (in
addition) moving the lineedit left pos to the right (w/o visual impact as the
lineedit itself won't paint any background) if the linedit content is shorter
than the breadcrumb width

Regards,
Thomas