Can we* prettyplease do something about the KUrlNavigator?

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Thu Jun 18 15:01:19 BST 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 09:54:10 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> ATM a 2 pixel thick vertical bar is shown when hovering the empty
> area. I suggest either making it look more like a "traditional
> caret": one pixel thick with small horizontal edgets at top and
> bottom or showing a frame border when hovering (see attached
> mockups).

I have only objection to the part "when hovering" -- it is "to open
the package please read the manual inside" case. It should provide
hint at first glance, not when user start "exploring" every pixel on
the screen and finds out that there is hidden switch (it is hidden
now).

I like the Gnome approach, not that sexy, but you cannot miss it --
they put simply buttons. And user is already familiar with buttons
and she/he knows she/he can click on them.

Cheers,