KWin weirdness?

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Fri Jun 5 19:50:18 BST 2009

On Friday 05 June 2009 06:57:03 Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Friday 05 of June 2009, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > My question/dilemma is: What changed?  I can't see anywhere in either the
> > Qt/kdelibs/KWin sources that changed recently such that last Window
> > closed would take effect.  I *am* running the git version of X.org but
> > I'm not sure how that would make a difference.  As far as I can tell
> > QApplication has always defaulted quitting on last window closed to true,
> > and KWin has never worried about that flag before from the little bit of
> > looking around I was doing on websvn.
>
>  I'll leave the question/dilemma up to you, since I have no idea what could
> have changed, but the patch can't hurt.

Well I'll let it go for now then, I can only assume something like what aseigo
was saying, that the root window used to count and now doesn't.  Perhaps a
Plasma change tweaked a window flag such that the root window now no longer
counts.  This is just guessing though, I don't have time to look into with
that much detail with a fix present in svn (committed now).

>  In fact, it might make sense to review all the various non-standard
> apps/daemons we have and check they use this too.

I will mention that I've had this happen with JuK in the following scenario:

With JuK closed only to the system tray, when the next track played, a "track
announcment popup" would show.  When the popup closed for whatever reason, JuK
quit on lastWindowClosed.

So apps that have a "minimize-to-systray" feature may want to look into this
as well, if they have popups that they show.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne