RFC v3: adding a temporary, non-BC gauranteed, 'private' library (was RFC v2)

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Jun 5 00:05:25 BST 2009

On 2009-05-05, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> In order to break binary compatibility, once per minor release, remember to:
>  * change the library soname, to allow installing in parallel

Hi.

Currently, knotificationitem isn't SOVERSIONed. I guess this is a bug?

Adding to the right CMake file[1] something like
set_target_properties(knotificationitem-1 PROPERTIES VERSION
 1.0.0 SOVERSION 1)
should fix that.

I don't know the right time to fix it to not end up breaking things for
some developers, though, so I hope someone else can take it from here.

(and btw, the techbase page
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/New_KDE_Library_API_Policy should
probably be updated to reflect the end result)

/Sune

[1]
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/experimental/knotificationitem/CMakeLists.txt