F11 - fullscreen shortcut

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Thu Jun 4 19:25:21 BST 2009

On Thursday, 4. June 2009 13:43:17 John Tapsell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   After much discussion on kde-usability, I've added F11 as an
> alternative shortcut for full screen.
>
> Rationale:
[...]
> Please check whether your apps currently assign F11 to another task.

This does not work: Not all developers follow each mail at kde-core-devel and
will adjust the application shortly before KDE 4.3 gets released. Please
contact developers that use F11 already before committing such a change.

As Albert noted at http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-usability&m=124389147504611&w=2
the following parts are affected by your commit:

 * You can't toggle the dolphin information window [1]
 * You can't use the select rotate tool in kalzium [2]
 * You can't use the show line numbers in kturtle [3] nor in kate [5]
 * You can't toggle the side bar in gwenview [4]
 * You can't toggle preview in kfilewidget [6]

[1]
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/apps/dolphin/src/dolphinmainwindow.cpp#1298
[2] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdeedu/kalzium/libavogadro-
kalzium/src/tools/selectrotatetool.cpp#61
[3] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdeedu/kturtle/src/mainwindow.cpp#340
[4] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdegraphics/gwenview/app/mainwindow.cpp#350
[5] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kate/view/kateview.cpp#550
[6] http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kfile/kfilewidget.cpp#461