F11 - fullscreen shortcut

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jun 4 18:30:51 BST 2009

A Dijous, 4 de juny de 2009, John Tapsell va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
>   After much discussion on kde-usability, I've added F11 as an
> alternative shortcut for full screen.

I have the impression the discussion wasn't interesting at all, you wanted to
add it and you added it, even if people said it was a bad idea and that it
would be interesting to have the input of a _REAL_ usability expert and not
just users.

> Rationale:
>
> * Konqueror and Mozilla already use F11 as full screen, so linux users are
> used * Most Windows apps use it (almost all those that support full screen
> use F11, with a full exceptions like Windows Media Player and
> Pinball), so users coming from Windows are used to this.
> * Most Gnome apps appear to also use F11 (Rhythmbox, Songbird,
> Gnome-Terminal, etc)
> * KWin is adding F11 as a full screen shortcut for all apps anyway, so
> this keeps things consistent whether you are running kwin or not.
>
> Please check whether your apps currently assign F11 to another task.

Please revert or do the work yourself, don't put shit over the people's
shoulders and then wait for them to fix what you broke.

Albert