KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/shortcuts

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 3 21:57:23 BST 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 03.06.09 19:07:14, John Tapsell wrote:
>> SVN commit 977282 by johnflux:
>>
>> Add F11 as a shortcut for fullscreen
>
> [...] this takes away a prominent and easy-to-reach shortcut from
> _all_ applications for the benefit of just a few (which actually have
> special fullscreen mode) as far as I understood.

Actually, everything has full-screen mode, since it is a WM thing
(unless it goes out of its way to avoid it). It just isn't "special" in
most applications.

> At least KDevelop probably cannot and will not have F11 as shortcut [snip]

Actually, since it is a global WM shortcut, KDevelop can and will have
it, whether it wants to or not, and AFAIK there is nothing you* can do
about it.

(* "you" meaning "KDevelop, the application"... though you might get a
'conflicting shortcut' warning. As a person, you can obviously argue
against the change or even revert it.)

FWIW, I'm moderately opposed to this change as well.

--
Matthew
'$ time make world' -> real 5d:14h:37m:5.291s  user 0m:0.000s  sys