Accelerators missing from dialogs in KDE 4.3

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Jul 29 09:27:33 BST 2009

Am Dienstag 28 Juli 2009 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> Really? AFAIK the algorithm just tries to reposition the accelerator to
> other valid letters, so asian "symbols" are ignored and as S is the only
> valid position left it stays there, if that's not happening it's a bug.

If there are two strings with &S in the UI, it has to remove one to avoid a
clash.

> > Not a problem to the latin translator - nor to the developer. So my
> > suggestion is: put real accelerators only where they really matter to be
> > consistent and mark up the others so the algorithm has a chance to help
> > _everyone_.
>
> Just to be sure, are you suggesting the accelerator manager invents the
> accelerators for asian translations that needs one?
I suggest we translate a markup string into a valid accelerator or remove it.
And that markup string could be "(&X)", which is then translated into
"(&S)", "(&O)" or removed if no letters are available.

Greetings, Stephan