Gitorious migration?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jul 25 13:08:28 BST 2009

A Divendres, 24 de juliol de 2009, Mehrdad Momeny va escriure:
> Hi folks
>
> Recently I heared that KDE is moving to gitorious as a Git hosting service

Not really just a lot of buzz done by the git fans, we are in phase of testing
if it would work or not.

> ... I have migrated and copied source code of Choqok (The microblog client)
> to Git and Gitorous as a test. (Some days ago)
> Here it is: http://gitorious.org/choqok
>
> (I know git a bit, and using it for about one year.)
>
> Am i right on this?

No, this makes your program for instance untranslatable as we have still not
fixed translations to be picked up from git.

> How could i be a member of +kde-developers group[1] in gitorious? (If it's
> the official group) Do i have to move management of project to group or
> just add group as a commiter!?
>
> Should i still update svn repo?
> Is there any document about these?

I would suggest to stay on svn until the git conversion is really finished.

Albert