Patch KIO::AccessManager/WebKit Part...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Fri Jul 24 15:54:04 BST 2009

On Wednesday 22 July 2009 03:31:51 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Dawit A. wrote:
> >This patch for KIO::AccessManager and KIO::MetaData will make it
> > possible for the webkit part and perhaps in the future other users of
> > KWebPage/KWebView to be able to use the meta data information. The
> > motivation for this patch was the lack of any feedback (missing
> > security icon) when you use the webkit part to navigate secure pages in
> > Konqueror. Where as you get a little green shield icon in the location
> > bar when you use KHTML.
>
> Patch makes sense. This is the kind of use I invented user attributes for.

Great, I have made further modifications in accessmanagerreply_p.cpp...

1.) Since cookies are going to be handled by KIO, make sure they are not set
in QNetworkReply to avoid duplicate calls KCookieJar. kio_http already does
this for us. I had to resort to this hack because QNetworkCookieJar does not
provide separate functions for setting cookies from javascript and hence there
is no way to distinguish the source of the cookies (javascript/http).

2.) Use QPointer for the kio job to guard against it being deleted. This
caused a crash in few sites because the ::abort() function seemed to be called
after the job was already deleted.

> PS: nice to see you around :-)

Thanks, it is nice to be back even with the limited time I have to
contribute...