Using KUrlNavigator to navigate through arbitrary hierarchies

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Wed Jul 22 21:14:44 BST 2009

[forwarded from kde-devel@]

Hi,

I've just compiled git head of Amarok 2.2 to have a look at the new browser
interface, which uses a breadcrumb bar. However, it seems like that breadcrumb
bar is not the same as in Dolphin and friends (i.e. KUrlNavigator), it looks a
bit different and is a bit smaller. It looks like Amarok devs reimplemented a
breadcrumb bar for their purposes.

As I'm planning to use a similar interface in an own application, I wanted to
know whether there is a general breadcrumb bar at all, which can be used with
an arbitrary hierarchy (i.e. an arbitrary tree model). If no, is there any
chance that something like this could be implemented in kdelibs (in a way that
allows KUrlNavigator to share the implementation)?

Greetings
Stefan