RFC: Moving RSIBreak to KDEUtils?

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Mon Jul 20 23:26:38 BST 2009

Op Sunday 19 July 2009 20:01 schreef u:
> Hm. This is a move not described in the Application Life Cycle on Techbase, so
> it is not possible. Just kidding ;) We might need to add a section about such
> moves, then. I think all the conditions for moving into kdereview should be
> satisfied/rechecked, besides one can skip the review phase in kdereview and
> move directly.
> 	Manual in docbook format? Check.
> 	i18n? Check.
> 	Krazy reports? Hm, there are some issues*. So if you find some time...
> But I see nothing grave which should stop a move.
>
> *
> http://englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/extragear/utils/rsibreak/index
> html

Fixed most of them.
We should add somehting to the Lifecycle page indeed. This is a good start.

> Limits on supported platforms haven't been a showstopper for being part of
> kdeutils. Unless it is about the current main platform GNU/Linux, sure. Being
> open for patches which painlessly enable support for more platforms is
> expected, too.

Great.

> He. At least the module coordinator/managing community should agree, no? Cmp.
> at least Techbase. Lucky you are, the coordinator agrees. :)

Of course. I knew I forgot something.
Awesome.

> If you are moving RSIBreak to kdeutils, please subscribe to the kdeutils
> mailinglist** (also cc:ed), as it is the (low-volume) channel for module
> coordination, thanks.

Done.

> So awaiting you in the hall of the brave kdeutils developers. If you need any
> help in the move, do not hesitate to ask me (ping time up to one day).

Great, I will move it next sunday than. Just to wait for more comments. I can use help with the i18n move, but I'll talk to pino or albert about it.

Thanks for your positive reply!

Toma
--
KDE Developer