Kill KIO (was: Repositioning the KDE brand)

nf2 nf2.email at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 01:01:39 BST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Alexander Neundorf<neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> I think Norbert thinks that it would be better if there wouldn't be two
> different VFS implementations (I don't really object to that).
> Also I think that e.g. wrapping GFS inside KIO should be easier to do than
> wrapping KIO inside GFS (I think GFS is more POSIX like, they can seek (or
> can we too with KDE4 ?)), but I'm not sure about that. I think Norbert is
> actually the one who knows this best.
> And I guess the motivation for this thread was to find developers to join him
> and try to do it (without damaging KDE).

Thanks, Alex, for defending my initial statement in this thread. :-)
Not sure if it really deserves that ;-). The "dead dog" I regret a bit
- that was nasty...

However, I think it isn't always that important how you say things. I wanted to
put a bit of "spice" into this one. People here are smart enough to get the
message from either an emotional commentary or a very cautious and
diplomatic one.

Cheers
Norbert