Kill KIO (was: Repositioning the KDE brand)

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:26:42 BST 2009

2009/7/13 nf2 <nf2.email at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Jos Poortvliet<jospoortvliet at gmail.com> wrote:

> However the devil is in the detatils. I can't tell if GIO/GVFS can
> really provide everything KDE needs. I tried to investigate with
> KIO-Giobridge for the most common protocols and that worked. But HTTP,
> POP3 might be hairy.

I've posted a link to GVFS developer before when asking for the HTTP
redirect notification
Not sure if this is still the case, but you might make a try case of
nspluginviewer. Try embedded youtube videos.
Btw. didn't webkitgtk change curl for libsoup (ie. no gvfs in sight)?

More or less OT, since the main competitor or KDE might be chrome
soon, ever thought of  chrome/net? Nice BSD license, tested on
Mac/Linux/Win, works on phones, paid developers etc.

Koos