Kill KIO (was: Repositioning the KDE brand)

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 21:51:29 BST 2009

I think we should leave this topic to the guys developing KIO, GVFS and who
want to collebrate on freedesktop.org. I think that's something the
communities could work together, even when may be a huge effort for both.
This could end up in a general low-level backend like the *kits or just some
backend libraries to be used by KIO and GVFS to cooperate on dependencies,
quality, release management and ressources.

For the rest ... I agree with other speakers before, the wording was
extremely bad. It rather pushes to flamewars than constructive feedback and
discussion.

Yours,
Georg Grabler (STiAT)