Repositioning the KDE brand

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Jul 8 10:11:01 BST 2009

On Thursday, 2009-07-02, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 02 July 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Really ?
>
> yes, really. i don't think many people are aware of the full extent of the
> issue because the most controversial stuff traditionally happens quietly
> and behind "closed doors". in this case, the relevant conversations to this
> particular issue were had with an fd.o admin on irc in a private query. i'm
> not sure how many people involved with Akonadi even knew the relationship
> between GNOME People and their submission to fd.o.

Well, we are certainly aware of that other project request but I wouldn't have
assumed it to be of any relevance for ours.

As far as I understand Peoples it is about agregating contacts of different
sources into one coherent "meta contact".
Which means even in the worst case of total misundertanding of Akonadi it
would still be one of the data sources for it.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring