removing Eigen from kdesupport?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 7 17:39:15 BST 2009

(After switching from qt-copy to kde-qt yesterday, I had another look at
this also...)

Benoit Jacob wrote:
> So from now on, the recommended way to build KDE 4.3 (and KOffice)
> should be to use Eigen 2.0.3. The version of Eigen that's left in
> kdesupport should be removed (it is the state of the development
> branch as it was when we moved).
>
> My question is: do you want me to make these changes NOW ? (That
> means, besides removing kdesupport/eigen2, updating all the CMakeLists
> messages to point to Eigen 2.0.3 instead of kdesupport).
>
> Or should I wait a couple of weeks so hopefully distros make packages
> of Eigen 2.0.3 making it easier to build KDE when it depends on Eigen
> 2.0.3 ?

Two of my machines (the two I build KDE on, in fact) are still F10,
which currently only has 2.0.0 available. If it's removed, I'll probably
end up rolling my own copy of dev as if I'd checked out kdesupport/eigen
(except from the actual upstream, of course, but building/installing it
the same way as kdesupport).

That's not a problem (for me, anyway), just something to consider.

> Or do you want eigen2 to stay in kdesupport until after the kde 4.3
> release? If so, do you want me to update it with Eigen 2.0.3 to limit
> the risk of divergence?

Personally, I'd appreciate this as a stopgap. Not sure though if there
are issues it could cause.

--
Matthew
You're on your own for the pony. -- Richard Hughes, on feature requests