KDE browser work team

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 22:14:30 BST 2009

Re: writing to khtmlrc... The fact that the entire browser config dialog is tied to khtml is not something to gloss over. That is a big part of the browser. Moreover, modifying konq source to use an entirely different config dialog if kpart != khtml strikes me as very bad idea. I can only imagine the confusion and chaos that would generate.

Besides, if konq can't even share basic (set homepage, turn off javascript, clear cookies, etc.) config options between browser parts then what is the point of them sharing a shell?

Regardless, a lot of work is involved going down that path. I guess you'd have to start with cataloguing the subset of functionality between khtml and webkit to share same config.