OT: Vala is okay (was: Re: Repositioning the KDE brand)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 2 22:56:12 BST 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> I see 0 reasons to bash Vala. In fact, I would like a Vala-like language
> also to write Qt/KDE programs.

with the QtScript generator it's easy to get full access to Qt (and Qt based
code) via  EcmaScript. it's certainly not identical to Vala, but offers a lot
of the same sorts of benefits (though Qt also does not have some of the
defects that Vala addresses lower in its stack)

anyways, i agree that Vala is just fine for those who want to use it. that's
not really the point here, of course :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se