OT: Vala is okay (was: Re: Repositioning the KDE brand)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Jul 2 22:40:13 BST 2009

Jeudi, le 2 juillet 2009, à 23:18, Alexander Neundorf a écrit:
> I mean, I can kind of understand if they say they would prefer C over C++,
> but Vala ?!?!?!?
> Even we didn't go that far to invent our own language...

No, the trolls did for us ;)

I like Vala. There is nothing wrong to have a fine oo-syntax and a parser
which knows the semantic of the complete sourcecode, without having to run a
string-based preprocessor.

Really, all those Q_-macros are a hack, and automoc is, too.
Don't count the times I got angry by mistyped signal/slot names (also in other
people's code ;). KDevelop4 & Co are only arriving now.

I see 0 reasons to bash Vala. In fact, I would like a Vala-like language also
to write Qt/KDE programs.

Cheers
Friedrich
--