Fate vs Bugzilla for feature tracking

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Fri Jan 23 09:40:46 GMT 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009 04:37:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> * ability to comment patches ala review board

I've been having a closer look and I think it would be easiest to integrate
reviewboard (or a similar platform) with bugzilla.

The bugtracker could have a "send to review" feature which would create a new
review and link it to the report (and vice versa). It would be great if
additional review-related information could also be shown in the bugtracker
(like a general status what's going on).

Like this you'd basically have separate developer discussions (at least for
patches) and still only one starting point. Those review requests would be
optional so developer or projects who don't want/need the feature might as
well not use it, therefore not introducing an additional overhead.

We'd still have to come clean about if we want all patches to go to Bugzilla
and how to notify everyone who might/should be interested. Currently most
patches go to the respective mailinglists whereas the ones attached to
Bugzilla have a smaller chance of being noticed.

Regards,
Michael