update the feature plan!

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Jan 21 22:17:15 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:48:42PM +0100, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> While I agree with the fact that the listing of the mail addresses is
> not good spam-wise, I still have to point out that all our mail
> addreses are public anyway (mailing lists, e.g. kde-commits, lots of
> mirrors).

you do realize that mailing list archives, websvn and about everything
else obfuscates or at least does not link addresses? "your" page is
currently the only major "hole" in the protection i'm aware of.

> Starting this now for the page won't do much good,

it will. even the already harvested addresses fall out of the databases.

> that's why I think investing too much time into this simply does not
> make sense (read: I won't fix it) ;)

from a sysadmin perspective this is completely inacceptable. i'm
wondering whether i should simply shut down the page until you decide
that it *is* worth investing some minutes into fixing it.