Fate vs Bugzilla for feature tracking

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jan 21 19:58:38 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Andras Mantia wrote:
> - I'm not sure using a different tool (and a new tool) for feature
> tracking is a good idea, and...

i'd love to have One Tool To Rule Them All as well.

> - how would we deal with changing something reported a bug to be a
> feature request and vice-versa? We have a track record about it. ;)

there is some basic bugzilla support in Fate right now, but i think we'd
really need a "click here to transfer to Fate" button.

again, one tool would obviously make this easier. which means either imroving
bugzilla's feature workflow immensely, for finding something new that does
both bugs and features well.

i don't know which is easier or more realistic to accomplish.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se