Proposed patch: Bug 160230

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 17 02:41:59 GMT 2009

On Saturday 17 January 2009, Darío Andrés wrote:
> Hi to all. This is my first message in the ML :)
> I've trying to fix small bugs in KDE.
>
> For Bug 160230 (Can't enable system bell) I determined that the
> KCMmodule wasn't loding properly the config from the "kdeglobals"
> config file. (however the changes made to the module were saved
> properly)
>
> By removing the "KConfig::NoGlobal" from the KConfig constructor in
> the load function, the Module now loads the configuration properly.

Yep, it's a KConfig bug. I committed a unit test for it (trunk, r912267, KConfigTest::testKdeGlobals()),
maybe Oswald wants to have a look?
Writing into KConfig("kdeglobals", KConfig::NoGlobals) works, but reading
from it doesn't work, seems like a bug indeed.
Writing and reading without NoGlobals works fine.

> However I don't know if this may cause some side effects

Nope, it's only slightly slightly slower.