tags/kdesupport-for-4.2

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 21:36:05 GMT 2009

2009/1/3 Tom Albers <tomalbers at kde.nl>:
>> Should the tags in kdesupport-for-4.2 be dynamic?
>
> It can be dynamic, as long as strigi checks out and works for the kde 4.2 branch. So if you release a new version you can replace the tag to point to that.

I've never seen people use tags as a kind of symbolic link. I thought
tags were only used to label points in time. Would it not be better to
put this information in a README in the 4.2 branch?

I'd be ok with using non-dynamic copies. I would personally be fine
with a tag for the entire kdesupport as we do with all directories in
KDE/. I think all projects in kdesupport should make sure that they
can be tagged like that. Code for which this is not possible should go
in a branch.

Cheers,
Jos