tags/kdesupport-for-4.2

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Jan 3 20:45:49 GMT 2009

Op Saturday 03 January 2009 21:30 schreef u:
> 2009/1/3 Tom Albers <tomalbers at kde.nl>:
> > In preparation of the release of 4.2.0, I've created the
> tags/kdesupport-for-4.2. This tag of kdesupport should be used when you compile
> the 4.2 branch in the future.  Trunk's version of kdesupport should be used to
> compile KDE trunk (which would be KDE 4.3.0).
> >
> > At least Akonadi will probably commit some KDE 4.2.x incompatible changes in
> kdesupport trunk as soon as KDE 4.2 is branched.
> >
> > Request to all kdesupport maintainers: add the version of your software into
> that tag soon please.
>
> What's the point of this?

And i really thought I explained it ;-)
The point is that it is difficult for svn users to trach which version for each kdesupport application is needed to build parts of KDE. so we introduced a tag which can be checked out which is garanteed to work for a certain checkout of KDE. To be more precise: trunk kdesupport will always work with kde trunk and tags/kdesupport-for-4.x whould always work with that specific KDE 4.x.

> I would hope KDE 4.2 supports more than one
> version of the packages in kdesupport. The latest strigi tag
> (tags/strigi/strigi/0.6.2) should do. Since that tag I've fixed a few
> bugs and I intend to fix more.
>
> Should the tags in kdesupport-for-4.2 be dynamic?

It can be dynamic, as long as strigi checks out and works for the kde 4.2 branch. So if you release a new version you can replace the tag to point to that.

Toma