.desktop security changes are committed

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Sun Feb 22 22:26:07 GMT 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009 01:04:48 pm Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Well, I'd click through anyways just because I have a low attention span
> and I don't feel like reading an amount of text like that. I think that the
> text still needs to be trimmed down quite a bit.

The problem with clickthrough is that if you do that without understanding
what you are doing, you can do something potentially harmful. We want to try
and prevent that.

Right now there is so much text in the dialog that it almost discourages you
from reading it. I was hoping to try and make the first sentence as a one-stop-
shop of what is going on (in case you dont read the rest of the dialog), but
it is still a bit too long to quickly understand what is going on. You are
right that the text needs to be trimmed down a bit. Less text will make it
easier and more inviting to read and help reduce those unthought
clickthroughs.

~ Celeste

--
Celeste Lyn Paul