Feedback wanted: Change INVALID resolution to NOTABUG in bugs.kde.org

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 18:03:36 GMT 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Matt Rogers <mattr at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since we're using INVALID mostly to indicate something is not a bug in KDE
> itself, I'd like to change the INVALID resolution to NOTABUG to better indicate
> this. We also have other resolutions such as UPSTREAM and DOWNSTREAM which
> means INVALID isn't really used for those either.

I suppose this is fine as if the report is indeed a bug , but for a
app/component not supported on KDE it should be marked as
UPSTREAM/DOWNSTREAM.

Some products (such as Amarok) uses a strict policy for reports, and
if the report doesn't have a valid backtrace they close it as INVALID
(until there is a valid and useful backtrace). May be they can use the
REMIND resolution (or a new type of resolution WAITINGFORUSER, or
something like that).

I can't remember if there is any other use for the INVALID resolution.

> The creation of duplicate repports (i.e. one right after the other) should be
> gone. Bugzilla added code upstream to prevent that from happening and I've
> used the same code in the wizard.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll make the change early Monday morning.
> --
> Matt

Regards
Darío