oom_adj

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 18 22:40:30 GMT 2009

Lubos Lunak wrote:
> It is a question if we should and can protect Xorg, since
> the kernel can't tell which X client is the one creating too many X resources
> and causing Xorg to use a lot of memory.

I've seen X eat 7 GB of address space (no, I am not kidding), apparently
related to plasma, but killing plasma didn't help; I had to kill X. I'd
rather see Qt learn to reconnect apps when X dies, and not protect X,
since X is sometimes the problem.

(FTR, I believe this is a bug in nvidia's cra^H^H^Hdrivers, not plasma.)

--
Matthew
"Nobody expects the traditional Bourne shell!"