KDE/kdebase/workspace/ksmserver

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 09:47:13 GMT 2009

On lunedì 09 febbraio 2009 10:00:01 Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  I don't understand this. When logout is confirmed and before it actually
> takes place, all applications are notified about this and can cancel the
> logout. What is the problem with that?

The problem is not about canceling the logout, from the bug's description:

"My laptop started suspending while it was shutting down KDE. After opening
the laptop, it continued with the shutdown procedure, and fired signals to
init."

That's what I aimed to solve. About notifying all application, the only thing
I know about is QApplication::saveStateRequest() signal, though my main
concern is that, being PowerDevil a kded module and the signal not in
QCoreApplication, this could not work for non-graphical application, but I
might be wrong, that's why I asked for some more pointers.

In any case, if putting such a signal can be an issue, I already have a patch
that triggers an inhibition from ksmserver. This could be even cleaner and a
preferrable way, so in any case I think I'm going to revert the commit.
Though, if anyone wants to review this, I can post the patch on the list.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B