KDE/kdebase/workspace/ksmserver

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Feb 9 09:00:01 GMT 2009

On Monday 09 of February 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> On domenica 08 febbraio 2009 19:00:36 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 of February 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> > > I'm CC-ing the list since I don't know who the maintainer of ksm is

 The one who is the default bug asignee or the one about who KAboutData
says "Maintainer".

> There are other issues. If you look at my patch, I emit that signal right
> when logout() is called. Before it actually logs out, ksm triggers a
> session saving event, a knotify event to play the logout sound, etc. That's
> where the issue arise. If a suspend event is triggered in that very moment,
> there are no checks that allow one to know that the suspension should be
> avoided.

 I don't understand this. When logout is confirmed and before it actually
takes place, all applications are notified about this and can cancel the
logout. What is the problem with that?

> That signal simply notifies through DBus that a logout action has been
> triggered. Apart from that, if it is the signal that you don't like, I have
> already talked with Kevin and another possible solution could be triggering
> an inhibition right from KSMServer. Though a signal like that could be used
> by some other applications.

 I don't see the need.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz