Request for deprecation of KDESu::SshProcess and removal of kdesu_stub/kdessh

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Dec 18 21:18:13 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 09:02:47PM +0100, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Additionally the class KDESu::SshProcess in kdelibs should be marked as
> deprecated. Perhaps it could be even removed, as I do not think anyone is
> using this class/these symbols?

somewhat risky business, as it is part of the api after all. otoh, if it
(the class itself, not the frontend) is provably so broken that nobody
could have used it for anything, then i'd not mind "breaking" the api.

> Also kdesu_stub does no longer needed to be built and installed,

guess why it is called kdesu_stub ...

it would be an interesting exercise to replace kdesud+access classes
with proper kwallet integration ...