Removal of KPackage from the KDEAdmin module

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sat Dec 12 10:07:42 GMT 2009

On Friday 11 December 2009 21:55:33 Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Friday 11 December 2009 07:41:24 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > On Friday 11 December 2009 13:04:21 George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> > > +1 for removing.
> > >
> > > Btw, this is not the only unmaintained and broken app....
> > > /me hides :P
> >
> > KBugBuster is really broken and unmaintained and should not be left in
> >  either,
> >
> > Anne-Marie
>
> There's lot of software in kdesdk that's not really 'maintained'. There was
>  a project from ISI-IUP (IIRC) to work on improving KBugBuster but I wasn't
>  involved with that. It would be prudent to look at that work and determine
>  if it's enough to keep KBugBuster from being removed or if it should just
>  go to the bitbucket that is tags/unmaintained/4

Last time I tried it (it was in October for a talk about bugs) it was not
working at all.
I had no time to look further and just tried a few fixes but I don't think it
is used anymore in the state it is in. The ISI-IUP work is also abandoned so
at the moment there is no good alternative.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie