Change shape over icons (file-dialog)

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Tue Dec 8 23:13:08 GMT 2009

On Tuesday, 8. December 2009 23:22:37 Chani wrote:
> > > So basically only dolphin needs to implement the pointing hand cursor
> > > (no option needed), the existing code you found (digikam, gwenview
> > > etc.) can stay but should just be cleaned up of the if()s, the kcm
> > > checkbox should be removed, and the kglobalsettings method deprecated.
> >
> > Sounds good. If there are no further objections, I'll take care for this
> > points after KDE SC 4.4.0 has been released and will get in contact with
> >  the application maintainers (I think I need to push a little bit the
> >  Dolphin maintainer, but I'm confident that I can convince him ;-)). I'll
> >  submit a review request at the reviewboard...
>
> what about when the mouse is over the + thingy that just selects the file?
> :)

I already feared that this question gets raised ;-) In Dolphin this option is
currently not respected, but this is mainly because I did not consider this
feature as a must-have -> I postponed the implementation release after
release... In the (nearly) 2 years since KDE 4.0 has been released, I only got
one Dolphin related bug report about this.

In opposite to the "Change shape over icons" option this option really can be
useful for some people, so I'm really unsure whether this option can be
removed at all. lxr.kde.org shows [1] that this option seems to be used very
rarely by applications (klistwidget is not used very often). My personal point
of view is that this option should be declared as deprecated too, but I'm
aware that this is quite controversial and understand if someone disagrees.

Best regards,
Peter

[1]
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.cpp, line 485
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.cpp, line 486
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.cpp, line 489
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.cpp, line 537
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.cpp, line 538
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.cpp, line 704
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.cpp, line 819
/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/input/mouse.h, line 88
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3iconview.cpp, line 151
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listbox.cpp, line 99
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 519
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 520
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 551
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 551
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 2137
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 2146
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 2146
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 79
/KDE/kdelibs/kde3support/kdeui/k3listview.cpp, line 128
/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/itemviews/klistwidget.cpp, line 116
/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/kernel/kglobalsettings.cpp, line 248
/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/kernel/kglobalsettings.h, line 149
/playground/base/colors/kdeui/kglobalsettings.cpp, line 155
/playground/network/smb4k/smb4k/browser/smb4knetworkbrowser.cpp, line 481
/playground/network/smb4k/smb4k/sharesview/smb4ksharesiconview.cpp, line 512
/playground/network/smb4k/smb4k/sharesview/smb4kshareslistview.cpp, line 548