BIC change in KStatusNotifierItem API

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 4 21:47:55 GMT 2009

On 04.12.09 21:30:49, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Friday 04 December 2009, Andreas Pakulat a écrit :
>
> > > This was done with approval from Marco Martin. It had to be done now
> > > because ABI changes in KStatusNotifierItem ABI won't be possible after
> > > kdelibs 4.4 is out.
> >
> > Just for the future: Usually such ABI breakages should be done on
> > Mondays if I recall correctly.
>
> That was in the time when ABI breakages were very frequent, before KDE 4.0
> Now, there is no real need to enforce this policy i think.

Well, I've already seen people complaining about it not being enforced
here (not so long ago). And I also think its still useful as it means
safety when just svn up'ing before starting to read the mails. At least
a warning a day or two before changing the ABI would be good IMHO. Else
people might easily be surprised when they only update kdelibs or work
with KDE while they're rebuilding.

Andreas

--
An exotic journey in downtown Newark is in your future.