kde-qt branches after 4.6.0 release

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:50:36 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 01 December 2009 19:40:49 Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Knowing the "right" branch
> of kde-qt.git was the whole problem, all the time.
Ah, right that was another reason, now I recall.

But still. Is it a real problem? We have mailing lists, we have /topic on irc,
forums, blogs etc. That is we have a certain set of well known places where
this information can be published - I mean info about which branch to checkout
and use.

The only case I see where this wouldn't work is if some developer doesn't use
any of these sources, i.e. developer who is disconnected from community :)
But I expect him to run into some other problem (not only kde-qt) sooner or
later - from time to time we happen to have certain changes that are announced
and explained on core mailing lists or irc...

Cheers,
Dmitry.