KDE Trunk based on Qt 4.6

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Aug 30 22:44:57 BST 2009

A Diumenge, 30 d'agost de 2009, Marco Martin va escriure:
> On 8/30/09, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > A Diumenge, 30 d'agost de 2009, Tom Albers va escriure:
> >>
> >> My humble opinion is that if Qt 4.6 is released before KDE 4.4 Beta 1,
> >> we can depend on it. If not released before November 11th, we can not
> >> test it properly and can not depend on it.
> >
> > I'm with Tom here, don't depend on something you can not test, that's
> > rule number one of the software development, and 4.6 does not exist so we
> > can't test it.
>
> problem is that distributions will ship KDE4.4 with Qt 4.6 anyways, so
> any problem that can be it will be there anyways, not depending on 4.6
> just denies features

So if we do what distros do why the hell do we even have a schedule?

And now more seriously if there are problems running KDE 4.4 with Qt4.6 that
means either:
 a) There's a bug in KDE 4.4 that we have to fix
 b) There's a bug in Qt 4.6 Nokia has to fix
This has nothing to do with depending or not on Qt 4.6

Albert