Merging KAuth into KDELibs

Nicola Gigante nicola.gigante at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:20:58 BST 2009

Il giorno 29/ago/09, alle ore 14:02, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:

> On August 29, 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
>
> how many applications should be using this (directly or indirectly):
> few or
> many? if few, a separate library is a good way to limit symbol
> growth in our
> core libs; if many, avoiding another library to link in might be good.

I think a lot of applications will indirectly use it when KIO will be
ported to the new lib.

> will classes in libkdecore such as KAUthorized use it in the future?
KAuthorized is used for kiosks, right? I don't know if policykit fits
well for this purpose. It should be researched.

> will any widget in kdeui need access to it?
Other widgets, no. But there are already one widget and a KAction
subclass, provided by my kauth project, that are currently in that
branch under kdeui.

Also, I've made modifications to KCModule class to support authorized
kcmodules and those modifications simply can't be split in another lib
without rewriting all the kcm support.

I'd propose to leave the UI part of the project in kdeui.

> (and the first stop of libkauth would be kdereview :)

It has been in kdereview for three weeks before I started working on
the kdelibs integration.