Merging KAuth into KDELibs

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:09:40 BST 2009

On Saturday 29 August 2009 14:02:20 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On August 29, 2009, Dario Freddi wrote:
> > into branches/work/kdelibs-libkauth, but remains the problem of where.
> > The
>
> how many applications should be using this (directly or indirectly): few or
> many? if few, a separate library is a good way to limit symbol growth in
>  our core libs; if many, avoiding another library to link in might be good.

Ideally many, KIO for instance. But given that is very specific, I still like
the idea of having it separate

> will classes in libkdecore such as KAUthorized use it in the future?

Surely possible, but the API of KAuth is easier, nicer and more powerful.
KAuthorized does not seem to be mantained

> will any widget in kdeui need access to it?

Only the new ones, KAuthorizedButton and KAuthorizedAction

> (and the first stop of libkauth would be kdereview :)

Been there already :) we moved it to a branch first to prepare for merging and
avoid disasters