situation with window decorations

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Fri Aug 28 17:22:31 BST 2009

Am Friday 28 August 2009 schrieb Lucas Murray:
> (Other KWin decorations, some plasmoids, etc.). Personally I don't
> find it that ugly at all--it's not beautiful, but it's not ugly
> either.
While i totally agree on the need of an (optionally) colorable window frame
(to separate windows and stress the active one) i must agree with Nuno on this
either:
The Ozone solution for this... "has a lot of space for visual improvement" (to
avoid saying "is ugly")

The reason is that in difference to other "traditional" decos the coloring
(tinting) looks entirely out-of-place.

(And as just bashing is bad):
I would suggest* a colored frame that connects to a colored "inlay" around the
label - this way it'd be more like an accessoire - and less like a color bug.

If anyone wonders:
I ruled that out and changed it to a colored edge for bespin to not loose the
visual gradient effect on the titlebar - but that's not the point here ;-)

Regards,
Thomas

*actually think I had suggested that to Nuno for Oxygen when the Ozone thing
came up, but it just didn't match his vision