situation with window decorations

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Aug 28 09:54:40 BST 2009

A Sexta, 28 de Agosto de 2009 09:40:35 Lucas Murray vocĂȘ escreveu:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Nuno Pinheiro<nuno at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> > So let me get this, you did not talk with nitrogen developer? you just
> > copied it over from kde-look and ported it to kdebase?
>
> I have no idea where you get this idea. I discussed with the Nitrogen
> developer for days about the advantages and disadvantages of moving
> Nitrogen into KDE SVN. He is now actively developing in trunk with the
> rest of us KWin devs. He has already stacked up 20 commits in trunk
> with the last one being a little over a day ago.
>
> I have also not prevented him from porting the features into Oxygen,
> that's between you guys. Why would I want to prevent that anyway? I
> want only one decoration as well!
>
> Nitrogen is purely only a replacement for Ozone, not a replacement for
> Oxygen. Think of Nitrogen as simply a new version of Ozone.

The fact is that the result is just the opposite isn't it?
I mean instead of 1 we have 3, and (Pereira) the developer stooped working on
oxygen for some reason

> > I see alot of confusion here .... all we want is to make the hit area of
> > the bottom corner extend a bit into the shadow area, so that we can make
> > the window itself smaller. This is something nitrogen does but creates an
> > extremely hard to click and drag resize corner.
>
> Imagine two window side-by-side with their edges touching each other.
> We assume KWin has added support for extended resize handles meaning
> there is now a small invisible overlap of the windows that the user
> cannot see but can click. The left window is currently active and is
> higher on the window stack than the right one. How do you resize the
> left-hand side of the window on the right?
>
> You cant. The invisible overlap of the window on the left covers the
> resize handle of the right-hand window making it impossible to resize
> unless the window on the left if moved/resized first.

as i told you in irc its not the entire window is just the bottom right corner
and all counted about 14 pixels

in theory the amount of overlapping would be residual only 8 pixels i mean 8
real pixels not a line of 8 pixels wide

--
Oxygen coordinator