situation with window decorations

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:25:52 BST 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 20:15:32 you wrote:
> Oxygen = The way the designers want the decoration (Pixel perfect and not
>  ugly!) Nitrogen = The way the users want the decoration (User customisable
>  and better usability!)

It seems to me this means, one of the two things:
1. Our designers don't know what our users want? Errr, then they should really
improve their skills :)
2. Our designers know the truth but someone is forcing "what the users want"
opinion (devs?)

I can't judge which of this is true.

So the question is: where did this "the way the users want" came from?
If it came from users, then 1. is true
(and btw, was a poll done? usability study? how much users were caught wanting
this feature?)

If it came from developers thinking they are their users and they know what
they want, then 2. is true, and we should listen to ui team :)

What Usability team says?

Cheers,
Dmitry.